NEurope
Nick

PS3 Delayed Till 2007

100% OFFICIAL?

Absolutely. Checkout my thread in the Other Consoles section. The link is to the SCEE press office announcement.

Hehe this made me say yay.

It figures really because of all the production issues. Even Sony wouldn't make that bad a launch.

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4268&NewsAreaID=2 <-- From original thread in Other Consoles.

Press Releases

06/09/2006 06:40

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces New March 2007 date for European Launch of PLAYSTATION 3

No change in launch date for Japan and North America

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool indeed for PS3 haters or people that aren't interested in PS3 and even people that are going to buy a PS3, will give them an additional opportunity to save up a few extra dollars.

Nintendo needed to this happen and now they must capitalise on it.

Lets just hope NOE come out on Sept 15th and deliver a November 2006 launch for Wii.

I wonder, just how big is the grin on Reggie's face this morning?

06/09/2006 06:40

No change in launch date for Japan and North America

London, Wednesday 6 September 2006 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that it would revise the launch date of its PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system in the PAL territories of Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Australasia from 17th November 2006, as previously announced to March 2007.

Launch dates for Japan and North America will remain the same, which are November 11th and November 17th respectively.

The revision of the launch date in the SCEE territories is caused by the delay in the mass production schedule of the blue laser diode within the Sony Group, thus affecting the timely procurement of key components to be utilised in PLAYSTATION 3.

The previously announced PLAYSTATION 3 shipment forecast of 6 million units globally within the fiscal year ending 2007 is not changed.

Serves them right for their fancy Blu-ray lasers. I doubt they ever took the November release date seriously.

Also, the 6 million is a number I doubt they'll achieve. Not with a Wii and 360 headstart and not if they delay it for the entire world.

This is probably not good news for Europe.

I imagine Wii will release in Japan and America well before Europe. Probably get released last friday of November now :(

Lets just hope NOE come out on Sept 15th and deliver a November 2006 launch for Wii.

I wonder, just how big is the grin on Reggie's face this morning?

Propaly this big:

grinch.jpg

I think its even more important to get the Wii out in europe now the PS3 has been delayed. People will be pissed about the PS3 and the Wii can capitalise on the christmas market. A november release in europe would be perfect, they would catch the christmas market and anyone who coudlnt afford a 360. This delay is the best news nintendo of europe could of hoped for.

I never expected this to happen, but you cant predict what will happen to your competition. Nintendo must take full advantage of this and clean up in Europe this christmas.

a europe november release is a must now. really start to drive the nail into the coffin (sp). the only problem though is that nintendo can hold back from a europe release till the latest feb now and swamp the japan and america markets with the wii console to really take advantage but that means we lose out.

They could have done that with the DS when the PsP game to europe over 6 months later in europe but they didn´t so i doubt nintendo are delaying it after promising a Europe release before 2007

Nintendo probably knows this is their chance. Production of the Wii should be good enough for a worldwide release. I really doubt that now they have extra time in their hands they'll just radically change their plans.

Nintendo probably knows this is their chance. Production of the Wii should be good enough for a worldwide release. I really doubt that now they have extra time in their hands they'll just radically change their plans.

They better not... :nono:

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

Nintendo should really make good of this opportunity. They should release the Wii over here before Christmas.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm so happy :)

but where is the source of this news?

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/ <-- Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Press Office.

As posted earlier. The original link doesn't work, the link to the homepage has it in writing, access to the article works from the homepage.

holy crap this is just like in star wars when hans group knock out the deflector shield on the forest moon of endor! If nintendo don't seize this opportunity, ill be outraged.

Hahaha! People are going to be dissapointed! They have to wait for the games they want! I'm so happy! Other retarded things etc.