Halloween is coming in the latest Animal Crossing: New Horizons update
Posted 25 Sep 2020 at 12:13 by Dennis Tummers
Fall is here, and Halloween is coming closer as well. Time for another big update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons, as we are preparing for this spooky festivity.
On September 30th the new update will go live, and it will introduce numerous new events to the game. Further, the dream list and the NookLink service in the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app will receive new features.
You can find the full press release, as well as the trailer below!
ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS DELIVERS PUMPKINS, COSTUMES AND A HALLOWEEN EVENT WITH AUTUMN UPDATE
25th September 2020 – Autumn has come to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, with acorns and pinecones falling from trees, waiting to be used for new DIY recipes. But there’s more content on the way. On 30th September, a free update is coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, available for Nintendo Switch, that adds some spooky touches to the season with Halloween costumes, character customization options, DIY projects and festivities.
Spooky new costumes, eerie character customisations and frightening Reactions can be found in the new Get spooky with the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons update on September 30th! (Nintendo Switch) trailer.
Here’s an overview of the new features the free update will add to Animal Crossing: New Horizons beginning 30th September:
- Growing Pumpkins – Pumpkin starts are available in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Halloween Preparations – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming up. With the big day just around the corner, players can start stocking up on candy early. It is possible to purchase costumes, such as a mage dress or a mummy outfit, at Able Sisters’ shop during the month of October. Body paint and coloured eye contacts are available by exchanging Nook Miles. Fellow residents will also give out Halloween-themed DIY recipes.
- Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on 31st October, after 5 p.m., neighbours will gather in the plaza which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. Players will also receive a visit from a mysterious guest: Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, players earn spooky in-game rewards. Saving some candy for neighbours helps players to avoid getting pranked by them. Luckily, they can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express their feelings of fear.
- Dreaming Favorite List – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, players will be able to curate a list of their favourite islands to visit in dreams, making it easier to revisit them anytime.
- NookLink Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October With the update, players will be able to use their smart device to perform reactions in the game. How about using it for this occasion?
The next update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will arrive in late November.