Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Wave 2 Out Now
Posted 10 Aug 2022 at 11:39 by Sam C Gittins
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Wave 2 is Out Now.
The game has also received several changes to the vehicle mechanics, in addition to some altered assets.
Check below for the full press release...
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 2 Approaches The Starting Line On 4th August
The second wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC adds eight more courses to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch
28th July, 2022 – Rev up your engines, because eight more courses are making their way to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on 4th August with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass paid DLC for Nintendo Switch. Wave 2 features the delightfully sweet Sky-High Sundae course, which makes its first appearance in the Mario Kart series. Plus, you can marvel at the neon lights of New York Minute from Mario Kart Tour and careen around a giant pinball machine in the DS Waluigi Pinball course to name just a few. To see all Wave 2 courses in action, check out the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 2 announcement trailer.
Wave 2 includes the Turnip Cup and Propeller Cup, with fast and familiar courses appearing from the Mario Kart series across the Super NES, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, and Wii instalments, along with the Mario Kart Tour mobile game. Each course can be played locally or online. The Cups are divided as follows...
- Tour New York Minute – Zip past towering skyscrapers and enjoy a scenic drive through the park in this Big Apple-inspired course originating from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
- SNES Mario Circuit 3 – Drift your way around tight corners and avoid the Warp Pipe in this classic course that originated in Super Mario Kart on the Super NES.
- N64 Kalimari Desert – This desert race features frequent run-ins with an old-fashioned steam locomotive that crosses the course. Be careful not to cause any delays!
- DS Waluigi Pinball – Launch, bump and weave across this course themed after a giant pinball table, complete with colourful lights and sounds. Just try not to tilt!
- Tour Sydney Sprint – Soak up the sunshine as you soar above the bay and cruise around the sights in this course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
- GBA Snow Land – Try not to slip and slide on this wintry course from Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Just remember: cooler heads will prevail.
- Wii Mushroom Gorge – This course features an underground cavern, deep chasms and giant mushrooms to spring off. Make sure you land safely!
- Sky-High Sundae – The competition may heat up, but that doesn’t mean you can’t chill out in this sweet race, which is filled with larger-than-life desserts at nearly every turn. Prove you’re number one under the sun(dae) in this debut course!
Wave 2 will join Wave 1, which is already available and features eight courses, including Wii Coconut Mall, N64 Choco Mountain, 3DS Toad Circuit, DS Shroom Ridge and GBA Sky Garden, as well as Ninja Hideaway, Paris Promenade and Tokyo Blur from Mario Kart Tour. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass includes six separate waves, with eight courses each, which will all be released by the end of 2023.
Supercharge Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass to experience more ramps, turns and jumps across a total of 48 remastered courses as each of the six waves becomes available. Players can enjoy all six waves of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass at no additional cost with a paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, or by purchasing the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass available in Nintendo eShop as a separate purchase.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 2 arrives on 4th August, bringing eight more fast and frenetic courses to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Nintendo Switch. The all-new course Sky-High Sundae makes its debut, alongside a selection of familiar favourites from across the Mario Kart series. The Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass includes six waves, with eight courses each, which will all be released by the end of 2023.
And here's the original video...
For more details, check out the discussion on our forum.