News: Ace Golf on the GameCube
Posted 02 Sep 2002 at 15:19 by Tim Symons
Ace Golf combines crazy arcade characters with real-world golf physics and intuitive gameplay. The result is an addictive pick up and play golf game for both novice and expert gamers alike! The game is being developed by Telenet Japan Co Ltd and is due for release in the Autumn on Nintendo GameCube.
A choice of 6 fun and challenging courses featuring diverse terrain awaits you. From a cactus filled red rock desert to a classic English course with deep rough and pot bunkers, Ace Golf provides all the elements needed for a classic round or two. Featuring four modes of play for one-to-four players including Tournament, Stroke, Match and Short Course. Try the addictive mini games such as 'Nearest to the pin' that is played on a nine-hole, par three course.
Choose from one of 14 offbeat characters such as Sonny, a rowdy, leather-clad biker or Lisa, an ultra-fit ex-military gal each with their own distinct personalities and golfing abilities. You can also select from a crew of six fast-talking caddies ready to offer encouragement and advice.
Ace Golf is ideal for all golfing levels. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a first time player Ace Golf's intuitive controls allow you to fine tune your swing. Integrating the club's swinging power and shot accuracy into one smooth action using the Nintendo GameCube C Stick leaves you more time to plan your winning shot.
As well as intuitive controls Ace Golf also offers a whole host of customising options to personalise your game. Alter the difficulty level by turning off distance gauges and wind speed meters, or equalising skill levels in the multiplayer modes allows everyone to compete on a level playing field. You can also upgrade your golf gear by winning tournaments and beating rivals, and for that everlasting memory, Ace Golf players can save those once-in-a-lifetime shots to show to their friends.
- Tee-up on 6 courses featuring varying terrains each with their own challenges.
- Compete with 14 offbeat golfers, each with individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Take advice (at your own risk!) from a crew of 6 fast-talking caddies.
- Master multiple modes of play for 1-4 golfers including Tournament, Stroke, Match and Short Course.
- Put your skills to the test against challenging weather conditions like strong winter winds and tropical rainstorms.
- Experience realistic golfing physics with Ace Golf's smooth analog swing system.
- Win tournaments and beat rivals to upgrade your golf gear.
- Save once-in-a-lifetime shots to show off to friends.
- Enjoy fun and challenging golfing action with addictive mini games.
- Simulate a realistic golfing situation by turning off gauges such as wind speed and hole distance.
- Character "equalizer mode" allows you to balance all the golfers' skills for a competitive multi-player match.
- Ace Golf's ease of play will appeal to the novice gamer while its depth will challenge the expert golfer.