News: Capcom Bring the Court Home
Posted 04 Feb 2005 at 23:01 by Ashley Jones
Capcom have announced that they are to ship the Nintendo DS title Gyakuten Saiban to America. Find out what it is inside.
Gyakuten Saiban sees the players taking the role of a defence attorney, who represents shady clients. Capcom have stated that the game will offer "twisting storylines and intriguing gameplay in a comical anime style", which is, well different to say the least.
During the game players must collect any evidence they can find, check out the authenticity of testimonies and ensure justice prevails. Due to launch this summer in America the game will have two distinct gameplay 'phases'.
- Investigation phase � Survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court
- Court phase � Present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies, examine witnesses, and determine what is fact from fiction so you can prove your client's innocence
During the game players will meet a wide array of interest characters to interact with. The details about this bizarre mix of characters can be found below.
- Phoenix Wright � the game's main character who is an accomplished defence lawyer with a keen sense for discerning fact from truth
- Maya Fey � a bright young girl that aids Phoenix in his trials; she is learning to harness her psychic powers which will prove useful in a pinch
- Mia Fey � an ace attorney who taught Phoenix everything she knows about the courtroom and continues to support him as a mentor
- Miles Edgeworth � Phoenix's arch rival, this slick prosecutor has never lost a case; his intense hatred for criminal behaviour drives him to use any means to ensure a guilty verdict