Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is unleashed on the Switch eShop
Posted 25 Jul 2019 at 09:21 by Sam C Gittins
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition by EXOR Studios is out now on the Nintendo eShop (and other platforms) for the price of £13.49 although it's currently £12.14 with 10% off until August 8th.
Check below for the details and the launch trailer...
Fight your way through the streets of a zombie-infested city to save the survivors of a disastrous chemical accident that changed most of the city’s population into mindless, brain-hungry monsters. Time is the enemy, and your car is a weapon as you race through the streets smashing everything in your path, including fences, phone booths, street lamps, and hordes of zombies. If you get tired of rescuing people, take part in the Blood Race tournament. Chase other cars and take them out mercilessly on special racing tracks populated with the zombie horde. Earn loads of cash while you progress through the events, unlock new rides, and purchase weapons of mass destruction to become the ultimate Blood Race champion. If car chases and speed runs are not your thing, jump into Slaughter mode, where your objective is to survive as long as possible while ramping up enormous kill combos and annihilating endless waves of zombies in specially crafted arenas.
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is now available on Nintendo Switch for £14.99. Zombies are slow – show them how fast you can be by grabbing Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition right now.
ABOUT THE GAME
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is an insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood, and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign, or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles, such as a bulldozer, fire truck, or even a tank, and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them out mercilessly on brutal racing tracks. Jump into Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible in specially crafted arenas.
ZOMBIE DRIVER IMMORTAL EDITION MAIN FEATURES:
Horrifyingly entertaining modes:
- Epic boss fights with enormous mutated zombies.
- Defending key targets against huge waves of zombies.
- Racing against time to rescue survivors.
- Transporting dangerous cargo.
- Spraying anti-zombie repellent around town.
- 13 different vehicles to drive including a fire truck, a bulldozer, and even a tank.
- Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies.
- Eliminator – take out as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out.
- Endurance – there’s a bomb on your car and it’s ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time.
- Fight through endless waves of zombies.
- Upgrade your car on the fly.
- Kill thousands of zombies.
- Nine different upgrades that can transform even an innocent taxi into a Chariot of Death.
- Miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and dual rail guns.
- Vicious zombie types including even zombie dogs.
- Advanced, dynamic combo system with tricks – and hordes of zombies to try it on.
All previously released DLC extensions have been incorporated into the Immortal Edition. The Apocalypse Pack, Tropical Race Rage, Burning Garden of Slaughter, and Brutal Car Skins have been included in the game as rewards for completing gameplay objectives.
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition has been ported to the Schmetterling engine, which EXOR Studios previously used to develop X-Morph: Defense. Thanks to this upgrade the game runs super smooth on the Nintendo Switch and is graphically improved, even compared to previous console releases and the PC version of the game.
Zombie Driver: Immortal Edition is available now on Nintendo Switch.
Will you be mowing down Zombies in a death race to the finish? Is this the kind of Indie game you've been waiting for? If so then this might well be worth checking out potentially.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section or join in with the discussion on our forum.